Goop Makers Challenge

Archives

Goop Makers Challenge

Postby Archives » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:46 pm

chuck
01/12/09 at 10:27 PM Reply with quote #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a challenge for all the goop makers out there. Reproduce the original colors of Mattel Plastigoop. Lets see some of the that brick red and aqua green and bright yellows! Can it be done?????

Archives

Re: Goop Makers Challenge

Postby Archives » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Edouglass

01/13/09 at 08:56 AM Reply with quote #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well,,Here goes my take on this,, a yr or so ago when Dr Goop was developing Superplastic,, I knew exactly what colors I wanted and the main one was DR Shriek Blue,, actually Topper never really had a Dr Shriek Blue, In the set you got Blue and red, or Blue and Green,, but I wanted the exact color that was on the box top,, and for wks we went back and forth shipping color samples, till it was just right,, It was alot of work just to get one color perfect,, and besides me being happy I havent found anyone else who ever said "Hey that color was perfect", and as far as color are concerned,, People buy Red and Yellow off of me all the time and at the same time buy Orange,, Well I dont carry a supply of Orange, I mix red and yellow in the bottle and ship it out,, and also recently I had a guy buying Red and Blue Superplastic and was asking if I had yellow? I mixed up some for him,, and he sent a note saying he was buying primary colors, so he could just mix up what ever color he wanted from those,, and if you think about it, its possible to mix up what ever you want exspecially from my 6 color sets,, and if you buy a 6 color set and add a bottle of white your all set,,, and as a final note,, We have always strived to make available supplies to help people have FUN WITH GOOP,,, and if I started to copy Mattels work exactly I would get worried about someone refilling old Mattel bottles and trying to pass them off as originals full bottles,, In the past Ive shown how the cork seals can be reproduced, and unpunched nozzles are available,, I may at some point produce a Brick red or Aqua Green but it will only be in name, Im not gonna sit down with original Mattel colors and make sure its exact,, and Hey I thought Our Flourecent Yellow is pretty Bright already? Ed

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:48 pm

chuck
01/13/09 at 10:28 PM Reply with quote #3

Yo,
I don't think there is a big issue of people filling old bottles with new goop. There is only a few that may do that, and really, who cares? If anyone sells this on ebay, they will be pounded with negative feedback and so goes their sales. People like that build bad reputations quickly. Old Mattel bottles in great shape are cool, whether its 45 year old goop or 45 day old goop. I just think having the original colors would be fun to use, I have fond memories of using the aqua green and brick red, along with the fright factory colors. I'm not worth a crap at mixing colors to hit the right color, my attempts have left me with a big bottle of some color I can't really describe. If anyone can match the old colors, call them Nostalgic colors and not Mattel colors.
Chuck

Archives

omnichi
01/25/09 at 02:11 PM Reply with quote #4

It took me a while to learn to mix my own colors using PlastiCraft Goop, but eventually I figured it out. You really just need: red, yellow, blue, black, and white (and maybe clear Goop if you want some more translucent colors). I made some truely awful colors at first (I just used them it the bug molds and made some truely disgusting bugs).

Recently I've been experimenting with glitter. I got the glitter at a local arts-and-crafts store. I put in some clear Goop first and then spooned in the glitter and then poured in more clear Goop. My nephew loved his glitter gold and glitter silver shrunken heads.

Hope these ideas help!!

Joseph Jester

Archives

jasond
01/27/09 at 05:28 PM Reply with quote #5

Is four ounce bottles of plasti craft goop available yet?

Jason

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”