First run at dr shriek -opinions & advice please-
- Replacement Plasti-steel is awesome. It even smelled right. The colors are perfect!
- not sure I filled the molds correctly: I pulled a jpg of the original instructions of the archived site but they were hard to read and based on my results I know I didn't do something correctly. I understood the directions to say fill body parts to the top and the head pieces to 1/8" from the top. I followed this to a tee. RESULTS: when I placed the top half of the mold a VAST amount of goop pored out the vent holes and along the edges. At that point I had to just cook it and see wht happened. I let it cook 30 minutes and cool another 15. The unmolding process was fairly difficult due to the excess goop that had cooked on top. After I unmolded the pieces the head was perfect, the legs were mostly ok but did have some of the turquoise mixed in from the overflow. The arms were a completely different story. I poured in the white to the top of that forearm section on the bottom half of the mold. I used the turquoise for the hands. When I placed the upper half of the mold I noticed the upper half of the arm was rather large and wondered how the white would fill that section. When I unmolded, only the inside portion of the forearm was white, the rest of the arm was turquoise. Thus I need some help from an experienced person.
- Where do you fill the head portions to?
- How do you fill the arms?
- What type of glue does one use to put the pieces together?
Sorry for the rant, but thought the description would be of benefit to offering advice